Printable version of this form can be found by clicking the link below:
Final Public Notice
Ordinance 22-07 – Food Truck Ordinance and Application can be found at:
Instructions and details are included in the downloadable packet.
New Career Opportunities:
Campbellsville Police Department is looking to recruit Police Officers. See the listing at:
Declaration of Domicile for purchase of residential utilities
The Kentucky Department of Revenue recently released information on how local utilities
must apply the new amendments to the residential tax exemption, effective January 1, 2023.
- Campbellsville Water has always classified one meter per customer as their residential account. Any additional meter after the first residential, was classified as a commercial account and subsequently paid state tax. The new amendment allows exemption from the state tax on these additional meters, if any of the following occur:
- If a residential customer has multiple meters the first meter (residential meter) does not pay state tax. Any additional meter such as a garage, outbuilding, or irrigation on the same property may be exempt from state tax but only after a 51A380 Form has been
completed and turned into our office.
- Any vacant/vacation homes or businesses separate from the primary residence must
pay state tax and are not exempt.
- Any customer who has occupied rental property and hasn’t required the tenants to put services into their name can be exempt with the landlord and tenant filling out the proper documentation and turning into our office. This would be the landlord completing
the Multi-Unit-Declaration, along with the tenant completing the individual
tenant domicile form. It is the responsibility of the landlord to provide a new Declaration of Domicile to our office if a new resident begins using the same location as
their place of residency.
- Any customer who has a meter for farm use may fill out the 51A158 Farm Exemption Certificate. This would exempt the state tax for services at barns and other farm facilities. Per the Department of Revenue, the form must include your farm exemption
number to complete exemption.
Important to note Per the Department of Revenue: All customers who have one primary
residence or meter, the law change does not affect at all. After extensive correspondence
between our office and the Department of Revenue they do NOT require a declaration of
domicile from all customers and there will be no penalty for not doing so. However, utilities are
permitted to obtain those for their records at their own discretion.
tab, Documents and Forms. Also, at the Kentucky Department of Revenue
Contact info: Campbellsville Water 270-789-3133 or KY Department of Revenue 502-564-4581
Please download/ print the correct form to fill out and drop off to Kim Ford at the Water Company next to City Hall.
Or Download and fill out to send to firstname.lastname@example.org if feasible.