CAMPBELLSVILLE POLICE DEPARTMENT
132 S. CENTRAL AVE
Campbellsville, Kentucky 42718
Serving Campbellsville since 1837
The City of Campbellsville is recruiting qualified candidates for Police Officer.
Application Deadline: October 1, 2019.
Minimum requirements include:
- Must be eligible for certification as a state peace officer.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be 21 years of age or over.
- Must not have a visible tattoo while wearing the summer short sleeve uniform
- Must not have been convicted of a felony or have any criminal action pending against them.
- Misdemeanor convictions will be considered on an individual basis.
- Must not have an accumulation of nine or more points for traffic violations.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must pass a pre-employment medical examination.
- Must not be a current user of illegal drugs.
- Must not have bought, sold or possessed marijuana within three years prior to time of application; or bought, sold or possessed any controlled substance or narcotic drug without a prescription within six years prior to time of application.
- Must pass a test for drug detection.
- Must take a pre-employment written and oral psychological evaluation.
- Must take a pre-employment polygraph examination.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical agility test.
- Must not be prohibited by federal or state law from possessing a firearm.
- Must have received an honorable discharge or a general discharge under honorable conditions if having served in any branch of the armed forces of the United States.
- Must not have had certification as a peace officer permanently revoked in another state.
LATERAL (Certified) APPLICANTS;
Applicants must have three (3) years experience as a law enforcement officer and meet, or have the ability to meet, the requirements of the Peace Officer Professional Standards (POPS) Act administered by the Kentucky Law Enforcement Council.
PAST APPLICATIONS: All applications submitted prior to August 1, 2019, must be resubmitted. Those having participated in the Spring 2019 hiring process must resubmit an application and compete in this hiring process to advance in the hiring process.
Application packets with complete information can be downloaded here or picked up at the Campbellsville Police Department, 132 S. Central Ave., Campbellsville, KY 42718.
Application Deadline: October 1, 2019
The City of Campbellsville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.