The City of Campbellsville is accepting applications for the position of Information Technology (IT) Technician.The primary duty of this position is providing technical computer support for various departments. Other duties include: purchasing, installing and troubleshooting computer and communications equipment; gathering data for GIS mapping, retrieving data from wastewater flow monitors; assisting with integration of data with software and mobile devices; maintains records of all information technology tasks; coordinates and communicates with Information Technology Director; assists with other departments as directed; performs other duties as assigned. Applicants must have extensive IT experience and/or training, a valid Kentucky Driver’s License, and a high school diploma or equivalent. A pre-employment background check as well as a drug and alcohol screening is required.
Applications may be obtained at 110 South Columbia Avenue, Campbellsville, Kentucky or by selecting the link below. Application deadline is March 4th 2019. The City of Campbellsville is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer.
Primary Position Responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Provide Tier 1 and 2 troubleshooting of computer hardware/software problems
- Assist in hardware/software implementation/ deployment activities
- Administer accounts in Active Directory
- Provide support for department mobile devices
- Participate in inventory processes
- IT project participation
- Setup/ Relocate equipment for new/ transferring employees
- Scheduled generator maintenance
- Assist sewer collection and engineering in sanitary sewer flow monitoring
- Collect GIS data for mapping of sanitary sewer, storm sewer, and water distribution
- Generate maps of GIS data collection
- Must have at least three years of experience supporting PC hardware and software.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have good communication skills and be able to work professionally with internal and external clients.
- Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written to a wide range of end users.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Knowledge of desktop operating systems and productivity software (e.g. MS Office, PowerPoint, Adobe)
- Knowledge of Windows Server Operating Systems, Group Policies, Active Directory, and Exchange.
- Understanding of IP networking.
- Basic knowledge of Switches, Routers, and Firewalls.
- Basic knowledge of telecommunication radios
- Basic knowledge of generator and battery backup systems
- Fluent with Arc-GIS or QGIS
- Portions of the essential duties include:
- Computer setting (inside) for extended time periods
- Confined space setting for work in attic, crawlspace, etc. for extended periods
- Field setting (outside) for extended periods of time involving walking, carrying, etc.
- On-call for emergencies
- After-hours requirements on special occasions
- Working from excessive heights
Question please contact 270-465-7011 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org